Day 9: Art therapy & Alpacas

So it’s been just over a week since i started the high dose hormones to stimulate my ovaries. And boy am i starting to feel effects. 😩

The last few days I started feeling sickly – nauseated in mornings, bowels are changing, headaches oh boy the headaches, and bloating. Daily weight gain is fun…I have to remind myself its temporary and necessary to make room for my growing ovaries but still no woman likes seeing the scale increase daily!!! “Its just a number…ignore it πŸ˜’”…i tell myself this EVERY morning but find hard to listen to myself somedays.

Today so far was the worst! I woke up feeling like i had been hit by a truck and ached literally from my head to toes. My head was pounding so badly I felt like a gremlin was inside my brain having the time of his life. Of course I was up by 630am to be at the hospital/fertility clinic by 720am for my ultrasound & blood work. Thankfully my mother in law Julie was able to drive me as my hubby had my vehicle for work as his was in the shop.

Testing was quick today as there always seems to be less women there on the weekends (which is kinda nice as i am usually sitting around waiting 2-3 hrs). My blood work came back good: my estrogen continues to climb which is what is supposed to happen and my LH is dropping as it should. Great, so far so good. Except my ultrasound today shows that my endometrial lining is getting thinner instead of thicker like its supposed too. Four days ago it was 5.8mm and today was only 5.0mm. Last cycle it was almost 10mm at this stage. My nurse assures me not too worry yet as there is still time for it to plump back up. She says the medication Suprefact I’m on sometimes can cause this and its too early on to worry. So i guess i won’t worry then..right?…

The ultrasound showed that 2 follicles were almost 1cm in size….so things are going to start happening soon (in theory). I go in again Monday morning for repeat tests and hopefully see growth of a few more follicles!

So overall I would say things are going as smooth as can be expected & seem to be progressing but slowly. I’ve been feeling okay mentally & emotionally and have been focused on keeping my mood up by keeping busy around the house or participating in activities I enjoy both socially & alone like gardening, movies, walks by the waterfront and going to see the alpacas. For those of you who don’t know me, i just love my squishy fluffy haired friends. They always put a smile on my face! 😍

Today i spent a few hours gardening followed by about 3hrs of painting. Painting relaxes my mind from all the stress and worry and just makes me feel calm. I really enjoy it and find it very therapeutic. I recommend it to anyone who has anxiety or needs an outlet from stress! πŸ–ŒπŸ˜„βœ” I’ve attached my projects from today below. Feel free to let me know what you think! 😊


Well hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and sending baby dust & encouragement to those of you who needs some today. β™‘β™‘

Author: babyforthebaloghs

Married to my high school sweet heart- together 14 years, TTC x4 yrs, Have a kitty named Roxie, Oncology Nurse, Purple hair, outgoing & social, movie/Tv buff, girl gamer, alpaca lover.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s