Finally some hopeful news!! πŸ˜„

Okay….so today has been a big day! The agonizing 9 week wait to find out if our journey to baby is over or still continuing happened today and it’s GOOD NEWS! Our genetic tests all came back normal so we are good to go with IVF#3! Third times the charm, right!?! ☘

We have decided to try with the new clinic as we feel really confident with our new doctor. She is young, smart, empathetic, and I believe in her. That’s what matters. She gave Mike & I hope again that this could work. I believe in her new protocol and way of thinking…it makes sense to us. And a fresh set of eyes may be just what we need! πŸ‘€πŸ€ž

She wants us to get started right away as she feels enough time has been wasted waiting on results as will be almost 5 months since our last failed cycle. We both agree, we’ve been mentally preparing ourselves for this. Its go time! The plan as of now is I will return to the clinic on day 19 of this cycle which is November 5th for my cycle blood work and to go over the protocol, pick up the hormones and start my estrogen priming for 1-2 weeks. Estrogen priming is used to suppress the ovaries prior to a cycle to ensure that all the follicles, once stimulated with the hormones, grow & develop together evenly at the same time best that they can. This gives you a better outcome to retrieve more eggs, in theory.

After the estrogen priming and my next cycle comes I will start oral Letrozole for 8 days then begin the injectable hormones until the follicles are large enough. Then will be time for egg retrieval again! I anticipate this will occur sometime in the beginning half of December πŸ˜„ Right near my Daddy’s birthday. Maybe this is a good sign πŸ’™.

She also wants to transfer 2 embryos on Day 3 (vs Day 5) this time to see if being in the uterus sooner, the natural environment, will help them to survive and develop. Its worth a shot. Putting 2 embryos in increases odds of twins by 15% but also increases odds of at least 1 of the 2 hopefully developing and implanting. I’m scared for the potential for twins due to my uterus issues (retrograde, tilted & small septum) and I am considered high risk but the doctor feels this is worth the risk and I trust her. We will deal with the extra precautions & complications if that time comes.

Now there is always the chance that the IVF could be cancelled at anytime (which had happened before) if I dont respond to the medications or dont have enough follicles to proceed with egg retrieval. But we are hopeful all will work out. Again, this IVF will be completely out of pocket and funded solely by us- but if the end result is our miracle baby (or 2) then it’s all worth it.

Will keep everyone posted. Thanks for hanging in with us and for all the love, prayers & support. Xo πŸ’“πŸ™πŸ

Author: babyforthebaloghs

Married to my high school sweet heart- together 14 years, TTC x4 yrs, Have a kitty named Roxie, Oncology Nurse, Purple hair, outgoing & social, movie/Tv buff, girl gamer, alpaca lover.

2 thoughts on “Finally some hopeful news!! πŸ˜„”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s